Community Engagement is a program for students who want to make a commitment to community engagement during their undergraduate experience. The program is open to all undergraduate students in every major and college. UHD encourages community inclusive approaches with a focus on community participation and projects that provide a service or product to an individual, group, or the community as a whole. Examples include filling a volunteer shift at a local organization, creating social media tools for an organization, planning and implementing events and projects that raise awareness of the health, environmental, and community benefits. The Community Engagement program encourages students to participate in projects that intentionally bring people together to simply get to know one another, build understanding across differences, with the goal of solving a community issue.
Facts and History
University of Human Development founded in 2008 by Professor Dr. Ali Al Qaradaghi. UHD is a private, national, non-profit university that is a leader in social and health science education and human development through teaching, research and scholarship and innovation. The University of Human Development opened on an Official Order No. 19211/3 on December 16, 2008, issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Kurdistan Regional Government. Also, UHD is a national university licensed by Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research according to Ministerial Order No. 6613 dated Sept. 24, 2017. University of Human Development recognized as a community leader in providing a superior student-centered learning experience, preparing graduates for success in their fields with encouraging progressive thinking, embracing modern technology, and paying attention to the practical side for each specialty.
UHD has noticeably expanded, and currently has five colleges embracing Nine departments with a total of over 2500 students.
College of Law and Politics
- Department of Law
- Department of Diplomacy and Public Relations
College of Science and Technology
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Information Technology
College of Languages
- Department of English
College of Administration and Economics
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Finance and Banking
College of Health Science
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science
Vision and Mission
University of Human Development strives to positively contribute to the educational and economic development of local communities and the region as a whole and We will work to maintain our quality leadership among private universities in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, and highlight UHD’s name in the academic world. UHD is committed to maintaining high academic standards, enhancing the quality of teaching, learning and research to serve the local, national and international communities, promoting the cognitive exploration and developing programs supporting the university's mission. The University enriches the lives of students by providing opportunities for them to develop and to realize their intellectual, academic, and professional potential, leading to becoming productive and responsible citizens. We are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarly work, quality academic and professional programs, and high levels of faculty-student interaction. We develop and engage in relationships to enhance educational experiences and our community. Working toward common goals with others in the University and the community while valuing teamwork, participation, and diversity of ideas and perspectives.
UHD’s core values:
The University of Human Development seeks to achieve its goals through the following core values:
Social and Moral Values:
- UHD is committed to social and moral values at the highest level inspired by Islamic teachings and humanitarian ideals.
Environment and Scientific Application:
- UHD is committed to securing an educational environment for the students that encourage progressive thinking, comprehending modern technology, and paying attention to the practical side for each specialty.
- UHD is committed to high scientific and educational standards by developing the educational process, scientific research, and community mobilization. We will work to maintain our quality leadership among private universities in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, and highlight UHD’s name in the academic world.
Creativity and perfection:
- UHD works persistently to achieve academic perfection. As stated in UHD’s guidelines, we support scientific excellence, cultural advancement, proficiency, skills and talents.
- UHD consolidates its relationships with the society and the social establishment by serving, developing and supporting the society with knowledge and by joint projects with the government institutions.
- Inspired by the collective term ‘humanity’, UHD strongly believes in mutual respect among human beings regardless of their belief, race, color, sex and economic background.
- The university encourages openness and dialogue and emphasizes on justice, equity, and academic freedom.
- UHD inculcates teamwork, team building, tolerance, and peaceful coexistence.
- UHD utilizes updated curricula to equip students with the most recent thoughts and inputs on their selected fields of study, and also encourages graduates to pursue postgraduate studies at UHD or other universities.
CSOs, CBS and NGOs:
- UHD likes to work in partnership with local and international civil society organizations, community-based organizations and non-governmental organizations to achieve mutual goals and objectives.
- The sense of corporate responsibility and accountability are essential conditions for achieving the university’s goals and missions.
Dr. Ali Muhiddin Qaraddaqi
I am honored to introduce you to some fatherly and sincere directions which are: Knowledge is the basis of every progress and civilization, and the key of empowerment and succession, but the originative and influential knowledge can be achieved only by the one who gives his life to it, lives in its hermitage, and loves its chancel; therefore I wish you be of those brilliants. My hope is that you will hold the keys, values, and the methods of knowledge so that you can be pioneers, stars and suns of knowledge. I advise you not to graduate from the university unless you have placed yourself on the road of knowledge and creativity. We aim at professionalism and the achievement of the best in the service of the students, and the best in the connection between the university and the social institutions theoretically, searchingly, and practically. We want to develop the human being and the society, so the only privilege in our consideration will be the scientific qualification, excluding any other influence.
The Best of Luck
Professor Dr. Ali Muhiddin Qaraddaqi
The Concessionaire & President of the Board of Trustees and President of the University Council
Dr. Mariwan Ahmad Rashid
Our lives include a number of steps, I can surely say that the period of time that you spend at university is the most important of all, because it is regarded as the building block from where we emerge our future lives and discover his personality and its influence on society. Therefore I hope that you will only think about reaching success in sense of education and gaining academic experience. Be sure that you chose Kurdistan's best university. A university which comes at the top ranking of the private universities, or university which has loyal teachers and employees at your disposal. University of Human Development, provides the best circumstances to keep our students at top, we hereby ask you to support us to reach our goals and we wish your experience at the university of human development would be a start to fulfill your dreams.