UHD Teachers Participate in universities' forum - Sulaimani
2020-02-01 (البست) [ جامعة التنمية البشرية ]
On February 1, 2020, Chawy Zanko Organization in cooperation with the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) held the first universities' forum - Sulaimani in High Crisut Hotel in Sulaimaniya.
Assistant Prof. Dr. Saman Fawzy, head of law department at the University of Human Development, as one of the panelists, presented a seminar titled "The Role of Universities in Public life" especially in economic, social and political issues.
Dr. Saman also highlighted the cause of the universities weaknesses regarding this matter and he offered some suggestions to improve the role of the universities in the region, such as:
- Enhancing the quality of the research centers.
- Focusing on academic freedom for the teachers.
- Strategies conducting researches which focus on the issues and needs of society.
- Assigning teachers for conducting scientific researches rather than focusing on teaching only.
- Enhancing the role of scientific magazines the way that they have a real impact on society.
- Encouraging teachers from different disciplines to conduct multidisciplinary researches together.